https://www.eftuniverse.com EFT for Fear of Abandonment. How losses leave an imprint on your love life. In this EFT Workshop video, EFT Expert, Dawson Church works with a workshop participant who feels her one and only perfect partner died 40 years ago and how it still impacts her relationships today.
Dawson uses the 9 Gamut Technique to work on her many losses she has experienced and especially her memory of her dad abandoning her mom.
They tap on:
“All these losses.”
“A life full of losses from birth onward.”
“People I wanted weren’t there for me.”
They died. They left. I left. Things happened.”
“I wanted these people in my life, I wanted them to stay and they left.”
“I wanted more than anything else for these people to stay. For dad to stay, for mom to stay, for Terry to stay, for me to stay but I left, or they left. People leave you. People leave me. I have compassion on myself for all these people leaving me…”
For more on the 9 Gamut Technique, go here: https://www.eftuniverse.com/refinements-to-eft/the-9-gamut-and-eye-movements
EFT Borrowing Benefits
One of the most profound discoveries in EFT in the early part of the twenty-first century was the phenomenon called “Borrowing Benefits.” It’s the discovery that simply watching someone else do EFT tapping on their issues, while tapping along with them, can help you reduce the emotional intensity of your own issues.
Borrowing Benefits was first noted by EFT practitioners. They reported that, rather than feeling exhausted after a day working with clients, they were energized. Their own emotional problems seemed to have melted away, even though they weren’t working on the same issues as their clients.
You can receive the emotional advantages of Borrowing Benefits by watching this video an tapping along.
Here are the instructions for Borrowing Benefits:
1. Pick an issue you’d like to work on. Write down a brief name for the issue in 1 to 3 words.
2. Rate your degree of emotional distress on a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 being no intensity and 10 being the maximum intensity. Write down your number.
3. Identify a part of your body in which you feel the sensation associated with that number, and write down the name of that particular body location.
4. Recall an event in your life when you felt that feeling in your body. Pick the event that occurred the earliest in your life, if possible.
5. Start tapping through the EFT points, as soon as the video session starts, and keep tapping till the end. When the person onscreen states their issue, state your issue instead.
6. When the video is done, usually in 5 to 20 minutes, think about the issue, tune into that same part of your body, and rate your degree of emotional distress a second time. Write down your new number.
You’ll usually find your number dropping substantially. If it doesn’t, then pick another specific incident in your life most identified with that feeling in your body, and repeat the process.