The power of EFT is very apparent in video demonstrations. You see the difficult emotions people experience as the talk about their problems, expressed on their faces, and evident their body language.
Then, when EFT helps release those emotions, you see the relief on their faces, and see their bodies relax.
You can think about your problem, and tap along with the client in the video session. This is called “Borrowing Benefits,” and research has shown that it brings great stress relief benefits to those who are witnessing the session.
Here are the instructions for Borrowing Benefits:
1. Pick an issue you’d like to work on. Write down a brief name for the issue in 1 to 3 words.
2. Rate your degree of emotional distress on a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 being no intensity and 10 being the maximum intensity. Write down your number.
3. Identify a part of your body in which you feel the sensation associated with that number, and write down the name of that particular body location.
4. Recall an event in your life when you felt that feeling in your body. Pick the event that occurred the earliest in your life, if possible.
5. Start tapping through the EFT points, as soon as the video session starts, and keep tapping till the end. When the person onscreen states their issue, state your issue instead.
6. When the video is done, usually in 5 to 20 minutes, think about the issue, tune into that same part of your body, and rate your degree of emotional distress a second time. Write down your new number.
You’ll usually find your number dropping substantially. If it doesn’t, then pick another specific incident in your life most identified with that feeling in your body, and repeat the process.