1. Upon completion of the program, Organization grants EPC Practitioner Candidate the title of Certified Energy Psychology Practitioner, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto.
2. After graduation the EPC Practitioner Candidate may use the name and logo of Organization on web sites, brochures, and other marketing materials, and represent him- or herself as a practitioner whose professional competence has been certified by Organization. EPC Practitioner Candidate agrees to honor all international copyright laws relating to the use of intellectual property of Organization and other entities.
3.Upon graduation EPC Practitioner Candidate is eligible for listing on Organization’s web sites such as EFT Universe for as long as EPC Practitioner Candidate’s certification is current. EPC Practitioner Candidate will enter contact and professional information in the Energy Psychology Practitioner Listing sections of Organization’s web sites within 7 days of graduation and update such information annually.
4. Organization agrees to mentor EPC Practitioner Candidate in the acquisition and practice of Energy Psychology skills in Program. The mentoring relationship is described in the Mentoring Agreement attached as Appendix 3, and which both parties consider part of this Agreement. EPC Practitioner Candidate has read and understood the Mentoring Agreement and agrees to abide by its provisions.
5. EPC Practitioner Candidate agrees to pay the fees associated with the Organization’s academic program set forth in Appendix 1 of this Agreement.
6. Organization and EPC Practitioner Candidate agree to the Refund Policy as set forth in Appendix 2.
7. After graduation EPC Practitioner Candidate agrees to complete the CE (continuing education) requirements identified by Organization as part of the certification and renewal process every 2 years. The purpose of these CE requirements is to keep EPC Practitioner Candidate’s skills current with the evolving science of professional practice.
8. Organization and EPC Practitioner Candidate agree that EPC Practitioner Candidate is, for all purposes under law, an independent contractor. This Agreement is not construed by either party to constitute an agency, joint operating, or employee-employer relationship. No obligation undertaken by either party to a third party shall be binding on the other.
9. EPC Practitioner Candidate agrees to sign a copy of the Organization’s Ethics Code upon graduation, and abide by the code at all times.
10. After graduation, EPC Practitioner Candidate agrees to abide by all relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of healing in EPC Practitioner Candidate’s jurisdiction. If EPC Practitioner Candidate is served with a notice by such jurisdiction that relates to EPC Practitioner Candidate’s professional conduct, such as a letter from a Medical Board, EPC Practitioner Candidate will notify Organization of such letter within 7 days, and update Organization on the progress of such action.
11. EPC Practitioner Candidate agrees to purchase professional liability insurance upon graduation, maintain such insurance in force for the term of this Agreement, and attach to insurance policy an Additional Insured Endorsement covering Organization.
13. Organization may investigate complaints of violations of the Ethics Code made against a EPC Practitioner Candidate. If Organization determines that EPC Practitioner Candidate has engaged in professional misconduct, as defined by the Ethics Code, Organization will give EPC Practitioner Candidate 30 days to cure such misconduct. Organization shall communicate the nature of such cure to EPC Practitioner Candidate in writing, and may specify measures such as consultation by a mentor designated by Organization, or a temporary suspension of certification, If EPC Practitioner Candidate fails to cure as specified and within this time period, or if the misconduct is regarded, in Organization’s sole and final opinion, as being worthy of revocation of EPC Practitioner Candidates certification, this Agreement may be terminated by Organization.
14. EPC Practitioner Candidate hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Organization and its directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, volunteers, subsidiaries, parents, successors, contractors, affiliates, and others associated with Organization from any and all liability, or claims of liability, resulting from EPC Practitioner Candidates actions or alleged actions. This warranty shall remain in full force and effect following the termination of this Agreement.
15. After EPC Practitioner Candidate’s graduation from Program, either party may terminate this Agreement upon one year’s notice. In the event of such termination, EPC Practitioner Candidate shall cease using the Organization’s logo, trademarks, the certification granted in Paragraph 1, and Organization’s intellectual property, within 120 days of such notice. If this Agreement is terminated by Organization due to the revocation of EPC Practitioner Candidates certification as described in the above paragraph, EPC Practitioner Candidate shall cease such usage within 7 days.
16. This is the sole and entire Agreement between the parties, and supersedes any other agreements, oral or in writing. If any part of this Agreement is ruled invalid by a court of law, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement shall be binding on the heirs, successors and assigns of both parties.
17. Electronic signatures below and on other documents are considered by both parties to be the equivalent of paper signatures.
18. Both parties hereby agree to binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association should any disagreement under the terms of this Agreement arise between them. Reasonable attorney’s fees accrued by the prevailing party shall be paid by the other party. The jurisdiction for this Agreement is the State of California, County of Sonoma, which shall be the venue for any action under this Agreement, regardless of where the parties reside.