Welcome to the EFT Certification Ethics Exam Page!
Ethics Exam: *!Please read all exam information below before purchasing this exam!*
Thanks for taking this important step toward becoming an ethically aware practitioner! A great deal of work and consideration has gone into the creation of the EFT certification exams.
They're designed to make sure you have a thorough understanding of the material in the workshops and required readings, and prepare you for being an excellent EFT practitioner.
This exam is based on two books: The Ethics Handbook for Energy Healing Practitioners by David Feinstein, PhD, and Creating Healing Relationships by Dorothea Hover-Kramer, EdD, DCEP. Please be very familiar with the material in these books before taking the exam, and have copies of the books nearby when you take the exam.
The course covers the key topics and practices with which energy healing practitioners need to be familiar, including:
- The differing legal standards for coaches and licensed mental health professionals
- Supporting the therapeutic alliance between the client and their primary care providers
- Standards for creating healthy professional relationships with clients
- Power differentials between client and practitioner and when and how to avoid them
- The importance of self-care and self-health
- Relating to other health professionals in the realms of both conventional and alternative medicine
- Communication with other professionals
- Typical ethical dilemmas and the principles by which to think them through
- Practices that establish and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- The mindset of client safety
- Understanding your scope of practice and when to refer clients to specialists
- The fundamental characteristics of the healing relationship
- Signs of crises and the importance of clear written procedures to deal with them
- Techniques clients can use for self-help and those not recommended for solo use
- Essential information to gather at the intake stage of the professional relationship
- Transference, counter-transference, and how they shape the healing encounter
- While we're testing your knowledge of ethics, the questions are also designed to remind you of what you learned in the books; they're not designed to confuse or discourage you!
If you're nervous, start tapping. Answer the questions you find easiest first. Don't rush; you have 90 minutes to complete the exam and experience shows that students who are well-prepared require much less time than that.
If you don't pass the exam on the first attempt, you have six months in which you can take the exam a maximum of two additional times, but we recommend that you take the exam for the first time as soon as you order it.
The questions you will receive on your individual exam are drawn from a bank of questions and answers.
These rotate randomly each time they're used, so if you re-test, make sure you know the material thoroughly since you are unlikely to draw the exact same questions.
EXAM INFORMATION: Please review these FAQs before taking the exam.
• Total: 40 questions
• Time provided: 90 minutes.
• Score required to pass: 75% or higher.
• This is an online exam -- you will need to have computer and solid internet access for the duration of the exam.
• You need an EFTUniverse.com username and password. If you've already created an EFTUniverse.com login in the past, use it; if you haven't you will be guided to create one. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive. DO NOT CREATE A 2ND EFT UNIVERSE LOGIN IF YOU HAVE CREATED ONE IN THE PAST.
• You must complete each question before moving on to the next, but you CAN go back and edit your answers.*
• *Note: You can change your exam answers before answering the last question on the exam, but not after.
• Upon purchase, you will receive TWO (2) emails. The first is a payment receipt. You'll get the second a short time later, with instructions and a link to the exam. We recommend that you take the exam immediately. If you do not see your emails from us, please check your inbox spam folder.
• Once you start the exam, the clock is ticking - make sure you set aside a full 90 minutes to take it!
Time-frame for Completing the Psychological Trauma Course
The required 450 pages of reading is estimated to take ten hours. Ninety minutes is allotted for the test. This is a 12 hour CE activity.
ALL EXAM PURCHASES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.
Please Note: Make sure that your web browser allows pop-ups. We recommend that you take the exam on a desktop or a laptop computer and stay away from taking the exam on a tablet device. Make sure you have a secure Internet connection.
Tech support for the exam is only available M-TH 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST - Except U.S. National holidays where the team would not be available on the holiday as well. Even though we ask for 24 - 48 hours response time, we try to answer exam questions within the 24 hour mark, depending on time differences and when the support ticket is opened. If you feel you'd like tech support outside these time-frames, please email Support at support(at)eftuniverse.com to make other arrangements on a case-by-case basis.
TEST YOUR LOGIN TO EFT UNIVERSE AHEAD OF TAKING THE EXAM ON THE DEVICE YOU PLAN TO USE TO TAKE THE EXAM.
The confirmation emails with the exam link can take a while depending on your email provider. Emails have to go through several mail servers to get to you. Even though it often seems like email is instant, it actually depends on many factors to get to you.
The causes of email delays can be many:
• Email servers along the way can be overloaded. (Usually with spam)
• Email servers along the way can be down completely.
• Various networking issues can cause an email server to appear down, with the same result.
• Certain spam-fighting techniques can intentionally introduce delays (that cause many spam bots to fail).
• Emails have gone into your spam folder and you fail to see them there.
All of these are outside of the control of EFT Universe. As email travels from one server to the next if "the next" is unable to receive sending server will keep trying periodically -- for several days if necessary.
NOTE: ALL RENEWING CERTIFIED EFT PRACTITIONERS MUST TAKE AND PASS THE ETHICS EXAM BY 12/31/2016 TO REMAIN AN ACTIVE EFT PRACTITIONER WITH EFT UNIVERSE. NO EXCEPTIONS.