By Dawson Church, PhD, author of The Genie in Your Genes
Phobias cripple the lives of many people. Phobic people experience unreasonable and excessive levels of fear. Phobias happen when an object or situation–or just the thought of it–escalates anxiety to the point of panic. Some of the most common phobias are:
- Phobia of public speaking
- Social phobias
- Fear of heights acrophobia
- Fear of open spaces (agoraphobia)
- Claustrophobia (fear of closed spaces)
- Flying phobia (aerophobia)
- Fear of insects, spiders, worms, ants, wasps, moths, bees, or cockroaches
- Fear of germs (germophobia)
- Phobia of small animals like snakes, mice, frogs, and birds
- Needle phobia
- Being unreasonably afraid of crowds or other people
- Fear of death, aging, sickness, hospitals, doctors, vomiting, blood, and pain
- Fear of the dark
- Phobia of driving, especially over bridges or at night
- Phobia when it comes to emotional closeness like intimacy or commitment
- Phobia of water, the ocean, waves, or rain
- Being afraid of the future or technology
There are many stories on this website of people who’ve recovered from phobias. There are also several studies showing that EFT tapping usually eliminates phobias in a single session. Therapist Steve Wells did the very first randomized controlled trial of EFT for phobias (Wells et al., 2004). Participants received just one single 30-minute session, after which their levels of phobic response dropped dramatically. Steve tells this story:
“One of the ladies in the study was so afraid of mice that if she saw a mouse or rat, or even thought there was a mouse in the house, she would spend the night sleeping in her car! Needless to say, during pretesting, she was unable to even enter the room with the mouse.
“After treatment, she was able to go right up to the mouse in the container without fear. Meanwhile, not long after the treatment, her daughter bought her granddaughter a pet rat as a present! A television station recording a program on our research went to this lady’s home and took some footage of her. She was cradling the rat and saying that they aren’t such bad creatures after all!”
Six months later, subjects still had a much lower rate of phobic reaction to the objects of their fear. That could be the result you get too!
On this page you’ll find links to many resources showing you how to use EFT tapping for phobias. Many of them are free or low-cost. Please don’t keep suffering. Get the help you need to see the same results as the other people on this page.
Stories Written by People Like You and Me
- EFT Agoraphobia Treatment Story
- Claustrophobia Relieved in One EFT Tapping Session
- Overcome a Snake Phobia with EFT Tapping
- EFT Uncovers Claustrophobia Source: Traumatic Birth Memory
- EFT Tapping Resolves Escalator Phobia”¨”¨
Tap Along with These Videos
Take a Live EFT Tapping Workshop
”¨We have workshops all over the world every month. Find one here.
Visit a Practitioner
Book a session with one of our highly trained certified Clinical EFT practitioners.
Learn EFT in Our Books
- ”¨The EFT Manual by Dawson Church
- EFT for the Highly Sensitive Temperament by Rue Hass
- EFT for PTSD by Dawson Church
- EFT for Procrastination by Gloria Arenson