EFT Practitioners: When You Pick Up a Client's Energyethics handbook for energy healing

Dear EFT Community,

Expert EFT Practitioner Kevin Soltani writes about picking up the energy and symptoms of a client he worked with, shares his insights into this phenomenon, and reveals how he used EFT and the help of another EFT practitioner to correct it.

- EFT Universe

By Kevin Soltani, Expert EFT Practitioner

Recently, I had a 7-year-old boy as a client for just one session. His mother brought him to see me because he was suffering from severe allergy symptoms, including stuffy nose, sneezing, severe itchiness of eyes, etc.

For the past few years, he had been going through several different medical procedures.

When he came to see me he was on medications unknown to me, in addition to allergy medications, which didn't seem to be doing much.

According to the mother, the allergy medicine would help to reduce the intensity of the symptoms a little bit for a short time, and even with the medication, he had been unable to go to school for the last 2 days.

Moreover, the mother was very skeptical; she came to see me out of desperation, and appeared to be ready to dismiss this approach of balancing energy, if she didn't see any immediate results right then and there.

Session Summary

It was not practical to do the tapping on the boy directly. I worked with the mother, having her do tapping for her son. I was not making any tangible progress and it felt very awkward!

I felt a serious blocking of energy from the mother.

My guess was that the mother had too many issues around her son's situation (or maybe other things, too), which was making it almost impossible to use her to help tap for the benefit her son. So I decided to tapon myself while we worked with her son.

I used visualization to see myself as that young boy and did a few rounds of tapping. There was no observable progress at the time. We had to end the session, because the mother could not keep her son there any longer.

She did not make another appointment. My understanding is that she didn't see any obvious results during that session, so she basically dismissed it completely.

My Allergy Symptoms

Less than 24 hours after that session, I was working in my backyard, planting some flowers, when I started sneezing, and having a runny nose and irritated eyes. That was the beginning of a very severe set of allergic reactions for a number of days.

For the next 2 weeks, I applied EFT on myself on these allergy symptoms, but I didn't make much progress. I would tap, and the intensity would be reduced a little bit, but it would come back.

Since it had started while I was working outdoors with the plants, I was focusing only on allergic response to the outdoors, plants, etc.

I had experienced allergies more than 15 years before, when living in Houston. After making a number of changes in my lifestyle, I had lived an allergy-free life for the past 14 years.

Last year, I experienced mild allergic-like symptoms for only a few days. I applied EFT, and I was fine after that. However, never in the past did the symptoms include this kind of severe itchy eyes.

Finally, after about two weeks of suffering, I decided to have another EFT practitioner, work with me.

The night before I went to see her, I was suffering so badly, I woke up around 2 a.m. and couldn't sleep for about 2 hours. During that time, as I was tapping, it dawned on me that every time I experienced severe itchiness in my eyes, the image of that boy would pop up in my mind.

I just made a note of it, but didn't do much with it.

The next day, I went to see the EFT practitioner and asked her to work on my allergic reactions. In addition to the symptoms, I also mentioned about the image of the young boy related to the severe itchiness of my eyes, which itself was a new experience for me.

It was interesting to find out that I had somehow managed to pick up that boy's energy pattern. The EFT practitioner helped me through a number of EFT tapping rounds, addressing both the issues of the energy from the young boy, as well as sensitivity to the substances in the outdoors.

About a day after completing that session, around 75% of my symptoms were gone.

I continued tapping for the following 2 to 3 days, at which point, about 90% of the symptoms were gone. There was only some lingering stuffiness in my nose.

The fact that most of the symptoms I was experiencing came from picking the energy pattern of that young boy could explain why I was not making much progress the first few days (when I worked on myself focusing only on the symptoms and the sensitivities to substances in the environment).

The other (maybe even more important) part of the story is about the young boy.

I hadn't heard anything from them until recently, when I heard through a common acquaintance that his allergy symptoms were mostly gone about 2 days after that session with me.

The mother reportedly has stated that finally the medications worked! Of course, I can't prove that the EFT work I did during that one session resulted in such drastic change 2 days after that.

However, as far as I know, the medications would only relieve some symptoms, and only for a short period of time. Moreover, the medications were being used for quite some time without great results. That's primarily why they came to me out of desperation.

Considering that the mother was very skeptical to begin with and the fact that there was no measurable result during that one session with me, I can certainly understand how she would not give any credit to the EFT work done.

Deep down, however, I'm very glad to have helped that boy, whether or not my work gets recognized.

I found the following observations very interesting and worth sharing with my fellow EFT practitioners:

  • As a practitioner, I did pick up my client's energy pattern and it brought with it a set of painful symptoms. As practitioners, we should use any of the techniques to protect our energy system when working with different clients, especially when doing surrogate work.
  • Reportedly, the observable results of my EFT work came about 2 days after the session. At least, that is what the evidence suggests to me. My mistake was not to pre-frame this. The unfortunate outcome of this mistake is not so much that EFT and my work didn't get recognized, but more important, that family would not, at least at this point, pursue additional EFT work for their conditions.
  • In this particular case, it turned out that it was easier and more effective to have another EFT practitioner work on me, rather than working on myself. I would guess that any EFT practitioner, maybe even at any level, may need to seek another practitioner's help for some issue at some point. Let's not be shy about that!

Add comment

EFTUniverse.com has a thriving EFT support community and actively encourages commenting on the site. We are dedicated to the EFT community and strive to maintain a respectful, engaging and informative conversation about EFT. Towards that end, we have general guidelines for commenting, thus all comments are moderated before going live. Moderation can take up to 48 hours. If your comments consistently or intentionally make this site a less civil and enjoyable place to be, your comments will be excluded. We have a strong word-blocking program to prevent spam posts, so if your comment ends up with [censored] blocks, it's because you have used a blocked word or a word spammers use to spam comment sections of websites.

Security code