Law of Attraction
The concept of the Law of Attraction is that whatever occupies consciousness can manifest in material form. A simple example is the chair you're sitting in right now. A designer had to dream up the design of that chair. A draftsperson then rendered it as a drawing. An engineer had to specify the materials, and a manufacturer then turned that vision into a concrete reality.
However, the concrete reality of the chair began life as a thought in the mind of a particular person. Had the designer not had that thought, and not pursued the realization of the dream, the chair would not have taken concrete form.
This concept has its roots in ancient mystical traditions. In Tibetan Buddhism, adepts were believed to be able to manifest objects and even human bodies purely by means of thought.
These manifestations of thought are called Tulpas, and can take on a life of their own. The term "thought-form" was coinded to describe them. Certain Hindu teachers have also been reported to manifest objects by the power of will. In the movie "The Secret," other examples of ordinary people creating circumstances through the strength of their desire are presented, such as the child who wishes persistently for a red bicycle.
The movie is based on the best-selling financial book of all time, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
The predecessor of EFT is called TFT or "Thought Field Therapy," and holds that thoughts can form part of a field in which health or disease can be encoded. Tapping is believed to release energy blocks within the body, influencing the thought field in the direction of health.
In the same way as the existence of the chair you're sitting in, many of the circumstances of your life began as thoughts. Your beliefs predispose you to certain experiences. Neuroscientists are discovering that, in order to perceive something, you must first acquire the neural wiring that allows you to do so.
When you listen to five different versions of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata," they might all sound good to you. A music critic who has developed the sensory circuits of her brain over decades, however, might pick up hundreds of subtleties that distinguish a truly great performance from an ordinary one.
There are many stories of people tapping to release their inner objections to success, and to reinforce their desires. Below you'll find out how members of the EFT community have combined tapping with the Law of Attraction to accelerate the process of manifestation.
Dawson Church, PhD
Author of The Genie in Your Genes.
- Optimizing Brain Function with EFT
- How To Tap Into More of Your Potential With EFT
- EFT Master Carol Look's Success & Abundance Series
- Cultivating a "Can Do" Attitude
- Visualizing Success and Overcoming Resistance
- EFT Master Nancy Gnecco on Three Keys to Mastery
- Taking the Movie "The Secret" for a Walk With EFT
- Inner Child Expert on Using EFT to Heal Her Inner Child and Adolescent
- EFT Master Patricia Carrington on Creating a Storehouse of Positive Memories
- EFT Master Carol Look: Your Vibration Always Comes First
- EFT Collapses Competing Thoughts
- EFT Master Patricia Carrington on Using EFT with "The Secret"
- EFT Master Carol Look on Why EFT and Law of Attraction are a Perfect Match
- EFT Master Rue Hass on What Is Holding Your Practice Back
- How Guilt and Shame Block the Law of Attraction
- Using EFT to Accelerate Goal Manifestation
- Using EFT and LOA to Advance Your Business