By Angie Muccillo
Here’s a simple little EFT protocol with the potential to increase EFT’s effectiveness.
EFT Gratitude Protocol
Are you grateful to EFT? I definitely am. I am grateful for not only the many positive effects it has had on my life personally, but also the many wondrous changes and healing I see in others as a result of using EFT. I think most people who have used EFT and achieved some degree of success with their personal and emotional issues have felt and expressed gratitude for what EFT has done for them. We have many documented accounts of these on the EFT website and in our clinics and offices worldwide.
In her “Gratitude Diet” article, Carol Tuttle recommends we tap on everything we are grateful for in our lives, as a way of focusing on what we have or want to attract more of. So I thought why not add EFT to that list? In essence, if we want to attract more success with our use of EFT, let’s express our gratitude for it, like anything else. Carol also states, “Gratitude is one of the highest states of emotion we can experience.” If we tap on our gratitude for EFT, we are focusing on our highest thoughts of EFT and placing our attention and thoughts on what we are grateful that EFT is doing for us. In other words we use the EFT affirmation to affirm EFT!
Tap on Gratitude for EFT
The idea is simply to use the EFT Gratitude Protocol at the end (or beginning) of a tapping session with a round or two of statements focused on our gratitude toward EFT. I think giving thanks to EFT is a kind of pleasant and harmonious way to open or close a tapping session whether it is with a practitioner or on your own.
Whether the session has completely resolved your issues or not, inserting the Gratitude Protocol at the end may set a positive scene for future tapping and perhaps help build a bridge to the next session. I would also recommend using the Gratitude Protocol routinely as a daily or homework exercise or when you feel “stuck.”
EFT Gratitude Statements:
Tap the EFT points while repeating each statement:
- I am deeply and completely grateful for EFT.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for releasing these emotions with EFT.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the ease with which EFT is helping me to release my fears, phobias, and traumatic memories, etc.
- I am deeply and completely grateful to EFT for relieving my back/shoulder pain, etc.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the ease with which EFT is helping me to release my addictions.
- I am deeply and completely grateful I have EFT to help me release my pain and suffering.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the ease with which EFT works for me each and every time.
- I am deeply and completely grateful I have a tool to help me calm down whenever I need it.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the positive changes EFT has helped me make in my life.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the many benefits I am receiving from using EFT daily.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the positive impact EFT is having on my life and those around me.
- I am deeply and completely grateful for the peace and calm EFT has brought into my life.
- I am deeply and completely grateful to EFT for improving the quality of my life.
- I am deeply and completely grateful I have discovered this wonderful tool!
These are just a few suggestions. I am sure there’s a lot of gratitude out there for EFT! Let’s hear it and share it. As a general rule, write your statements as though your EFT goals have already been achieved.
This protocol may also be useful when EFT “doesn’t appear to be working” or you feel “stuck” or frustrated. Whilst there are many one-minute wonders in EFT, as we know, some issues do take time to break down and in the process we may find ourselves getting frustrated, overwhelmed, even unappreciative and forgetful of the progress we have actually made. We can use this protocol to help break free from some of these barriers by switching our thinking to what we are grateful for instead.
We can use the Choices Method to install the gratitude statements.
- Even though EFT isn’t working for me on (this issue), I choose to be grateful to EFT for helping me release these emotions and for all the healing I have achieved so far.
- Even though I don’t get the same results as XXX, I choose to be grateful I have a tool to help me calm down whenever I need it.
- Even though I’m sick of tapping and don’t seem to be getting anywhere, I am grateful for the positive changes EFT has helped me make in my life.
What are you grateful for when it comes to EFT? Write your list of gratitude statements and tap on them regularly.