When you clear your emotional body of disturbed, negative feelings using EFT, what happens next? I’ve contemplated this question for many years. Reactive negative emotions like anger, resentment and irritation quickly claim your attention when they arise. Then, after you spend sufficient time tapping and clearing them, and they no longer fill your energy field, what occupies the space they once dominated?
The answer is: Your other qualities. If you’re self-important, vain, narcissistic, or have other unhealed parts of your personality, they can expand to fill the vacuum. That’s the shadow side of EFT. EFTs dark side is that it can unshackle an unhealed ego, which now seizes the vacant space and becomes a giant monster. However, if you’ve prioritized your spiritual growth, and you’re living from your soul, then your spiritual self expands into the space created by the absence of emotional drama.
EFT is not a panacea, and it is not a spiritual path. You need a spiritual path in addition to EFT; this way your dark side won’t consume you as you heal your emotional realm. That’s why I advocate meditation, and devotion to a spiritual path. There are many spiritual paths available; my belief is that they can all lead to the same place. The reason there are so many options is that different paths speak to different cultures and personalities. Choose one that fits for you. The dangers of the dark side are also why we emphasize ethical training during EFT workshops and certification, and test practitioners on ethical awareness.
Below are some examples of how others have used EFT to enhance their spiritual journey. I trust you will find them inspiring as you make progress on yours.
Dawson Church, PhD
Best-selling Author of the Award-Winning Book The Genie in Your Genes.
Spirituality Case Histories
- Combining EFT and meditation for a sleep disorder
- Jonas Uses EFT for Deeper Meditation – Dangerous PSA Reading is now Only 0.4
- Using EFT with a Spiritual Seeker
- Does EFT Compete With God?
- What Fills the Emotional Space after Trauma Subsides?
- Relieving Old Grief with a Christian EFT Practitioner
- The Lesson Is Always Love
- Relationships, EFT, and Spirituality
- EFT for a Spiraling Life
- Using EFT with A Course in Miracles
- Our Clients and Our Own Spiritual Issues
- EFT Master Sue Beer on Reframing and Forgiveness
- Processing Enneagram Insights With EFT
- Self-Forgiveness for Feelings of Vengeance
- EFT for Following Her Spiritual Path
- Is it OK for Christians to Use EFT?
- EFT and Chakra Colors
- Christian Meditations with “Wellsprings” Lower Stress
- Using EFT With a Spiritual Seeker
- Energy in Acupuncture Philosophy and Spirituality
- Guides and Peace in the World
- Substituting “I know God loves me” in a Case of Trichotillomania
- EFT Resolves 12 Years of Post-Natal Depression
- Relieving Old Grief Over an Abortion and Father’s Upcoming Death
- “Wherever Two Or More Are Gathered”: Working With Rwandan Orphans
- Creative Reframing of Satan to God
- Daily Use of EFT and A Course in Miracles
- Light Upon Light: A Favorite Book on Spiritual Mastery